Friday 8 July 2011

Friday Freezing

The first week of July is over. Schoolkids and teachers alike can cross one more day off the calendar as the long awaited Summer Holidays get closer. For a lucky few today is that day. So how will you be spending the long days? 

Here at Cheeky Monkeys we're preparing for the best summer yet. More pocket money lines are in place and things are coming along nicely for the grand summer window display. Blue Lego and green felt (which, incidentally I'm currently shrouded in. How foolish of me to wear a t-shirt on the 8th of July...) will set the scene beautifully. Next Friday the theme will be announced and we can all look forward to getting involved.

In the meantime the window has been updated to depict a kind of seaside coat of arms. I took a few photos to give you an idea. Unfortunately the glass is highly reflective. This meant that most of the pictures were essentially my reflection in a bright green poncho. Still, I think it looks good. You'll just have to come on down to Rottingdean to see how it really looks. 

As I was rejigging the window I found that there are still quite a few Lego scenes which haven't been reclaimed yet. I take this to be a good sign - winners were keen to bring them in, to put them on display but a month after I said they could take them back they are still here. The Cheeky Monkeys window is THE place to be seen. While I rearranged the displays a young lad came in and offered to look after these displays for me. I politely declined the offer, although I might have to keep an eye out for him in the future. This boy knew a thing or two about business and how to sell. I won't share any of his tips here but they were inspired. 

We've also been busy planning Cheeky Monkeys videos. I tried to include one in this post, but I have literally spent the day waiting for it to upload. They are available to view in the shop, so do please swing by and ask to watch them. I'd love some feedback. If you can't make it I will put some up as soon as. Hopefully those ones will be a bit smoother. 


Thanks once again for reading and have a brilliant weekend,


Marco


Cheeky Monkeys
26 High Street
Rottingdean
East Sussex
BN2 7HR


01273 302644
www.cheeky-monkeys.me.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment